Here in Greater Sydney, we’re currently on our second week of lockdown to keep our infection rates under control. In the midst of term break disappointments (hands up if you are a working parent), here are some suggestions that you might come in handy:
- Networking from home. In a recent article on The Australian, Andrea Clarke (author of Future Fit) offered her valuable insights on how to do this. The secret sauce is strengthening the connections that we already have, through LinkedIn and the humble phone. The complete article can be read here behind a paywall.
- Remember all those online courses you’ve saved on your favourite list? Now it’s time to do them – even if they’re short courses on LinkedIn Learning. What are you keen on learning more about?
- Look after yourself and each other. The stay-at-home order comes at the most inconvenient time for most of us with school-age children. With the time table switcheroo, tell yourself that it’s more than okay to carve out the time for self-care. Yes, that includes bingeing on Netflix or sleeping in, for those who have the luxury.
- Stay connected. If you’ve had to cancel plans with friends across from town, have a mini catch-up with them via FaceTime or Zoom on your phone. Get the kids involved if possible. We heard from a friend that her daughter started having playdates via iPad during last year’s lockdown and is now continuing the tradition.
- For a lot of us, it’s business as usual. If you feel that you need a helping hand to make sure that all things are in order, allow us to do the heavy lifting for you. Covid has changed the way we do business and at times it can be a pain to juggle the smooth running of it and ticking the what-needs-to-be-done list. Rest assured, we’re here to help take away your HR pain and make sure everything gets done right. If you have any questions or concerns about anything related to human resources at your company, let us know.
We hope these few tips will remind you that there are things you can do now and the future to stay well and safe through this challenging time. At the end of the day, we’re all in this together. If you’re ready to take the next step in growing your business, we can help. HR can be painful. Our team of HR experts do the heavy lifting, so you can focus on running the show. Get help now. Contact us today!